Home > Comb Binding FAQ
Plastic Comb Binding Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Check Out Our Binding Guide.
- What are the advantages of using plastic comb binding?
- What are some common types of punches?
- Which machines do all types of binding?
- Are there any machines that do all the work for me?
- Who makes the most reliable machine?
- Can I use a cover on any type of binding?
- What is the difference between plastic and wire binding?
- Can I use my wire on a plastic comb machine?
- Is there a machine that does a combination of plastic and wire?
- Which wires can be used in a plastic comb machine?
- Can I use coil in a plastic comb machine?
- How durable are plastic combs?
- What is Cerlox?
- Can I have plastic colors matched?
Plastic Comb Binding is easy to open, alter and rebind. They are the most inexpensive, and easiest to use. Bound products lay flat, can turn back to back or 360 degrees. Combs are made of plastic.
Only 2 do all types; OD 4000 (manual) and the OD 4800 (electric). However, they will do the various types when the separate necessary additional parts and dies are connected or installed. The additional parts are sold separately or ask your sales representative.
No, all the machines require some type of physical, manual operation.
Ibico machines usually have the longest lifespan, and are the least trouble-some, but all brands that we carry work well.
Yes, they are all universal.
Plastic has different shaped openings.
Yes, but only if your machine has a wire closer. If you do not have a wire closer, one must be purchased separately.
The IB Master 300 and IB Master 400 does both plastic and twin loop wire/comb binds. Only is capable of 19 rings.
Either the Ibico 19" or the Spiral-O 19".
No, they can only be done in a professional wire bindery.
Plastic combs are very durable, virtually indestructible.
Clerlox is a GBC brand of plastic comb.
Yes, PMS Color Matching is available. Ask a sales representative for more information.