If you were a big fan of the Minipack Galaxy, the Minipack Mini or other compact Minipack shrink wrap machines, you may be finding it hard to find an affordable replacement. If you’re stuck in this boat, I would like to recommend that you consider the Truline TP-48ST (aka PP-48ST and 48-ST) found here. We have been offering this machine for a few years now and have found it to be an affordable and comparable replacement. Here are a few reasons why.
There are a lot of reasons why I really like this machine. Here are just a few:
- Power Supply – Many people want a shrink wrap machine that they can simply plug into a wall and use. They don’t want to have to call in the electrician or have to deal with special power requirements. The TP-48ST can be plugged into a standard wall outlet. This means it can be used almost anywhere a wall outlet is available. This is a huge plus. As of this article, Minipack doesn’t offer any shrink wrap machines with a 110-120 volt power supply.
- Chamber Size – The TP-48ST has a 12″L x 18.5.”W x 6″H sealing chamber. This is ample room for packaging small boxes, CDs, DVDs, chocolates and other products. This is a nice well-rounded size for most people. If you need a bigger chamber, you may want to consider the Truline TP-76ST (found here).
- Heat Tunnel – I-bar sealers and many shrink wrap systems use an independent heat tunnel or heat gun. The TP-48ST uses an integrated heat tunnel. This helps save on space and is extremely convenient for single step operation. Simply place your product in the film, pull down the hood and the TP-48ST will seal the product and shrink the film down in a single pass. A clear hood lets you see what is going on during the packaging and sealing process. It also includes a magnetic lock that keeps the hood down during the sealing and shrinking process.
- Controls – The controls are right in front of the machine and are pretty straightforward. They are located on the front of the machine and can be used to adjust the heat, tunnel time, sealing time and more. The results are very professional.
- Film Compatibility – The TP-48ST can be used with both PVC and Polyolefin film. Polyolefin film, sometimes called poly film, can be used with food. Both types of film are very professional and can be used to package a wide range of products. The TP-48ST is designed to be used with centerfold shrink film and even includes a film dispenser, a film perforator and a film opener.
This machine is available from Truline as the TP-48ST and Excel Packaging as the PP-48ST. They are the same machine just with a different label slapped on them. This machine is also sometimes referred to simply as the 48-ST.
Here is a video demo of the TP-48ST in use:
Besides the fact that this machine comes equipped with a lot of nice features, it is also really compact. For what it is and considering what it does, it really doesn’t take up a lot of space. It also sits on casters, making it really easy to move around. Two of the casters can be locked into place, keeping the machine stationary.
If you’re on a budget, and need something that produces reliable and professional results, this is definitely the machine to consider. You can find the TP-48ST here and our entire selection of shrink wrap systems here.